Coconut Cream Pie
A Tea Room Favourite! One of our customers told us, "it's better than what you get in Hawaii!"
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Half and Half Cream Or 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cooked Pie Shell
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Unsweetened Coconut For Garnish
- Heat milk in large microwavable bowl until frothy (3 mins).
- While heating, whisk together cornstarch, flour, sugar and salt in a separate bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients into hot milk.
- Microwave on high for 2 mins. Whisk custard.
- Microwave again on high for 1 min. Whisk again
- Scramble 2 eggs and whisk into custard.
- Microwave custard for 3 mins at half power.
- Whisk toasted coconut, vanilla and cream (or butter) into custard.
- Pour into cooked pie shell and cool.
- Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut