New York Pizza Dough
Best crust this side of the Big Apple!
- 1 Pizza Stone
- 1 Pizza Peel
- 1 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 cups Water Warm
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 lbs Bread Flour Unbleached
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1/4 cup Corn Meal
- Combine yeast, sugar, salt with warm watch, stir until combined and set aside for 5 mins.
- Weigh out flour.
- Pour frothy yeast mixture into flour, add oil, and mix until dough comes together.
- Knead until elastic.
- Place in well oiled bowl and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down, separate into 2 or 3 boules, oil and let rise again.
- Heat oven up to highest temperature possible (550°F on mine) AT LEAST 45 MINS BEFORE COOKING.
- Stretch or roll out each boule to an appropriate sized crust, flour, and set aside.
- Sprinkle out corn meal and set the crust on it while topping as desired.
- Using a pizza peel, slide pizza onto stone in oven.
- Cook until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown (10-20 mins)