Thanksgiving 2022 Turkey Brine
- 8 L Water
- 750 ml Apple Juice
- 1 cup Coarse Salt
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fancy Molasses
- 3 Tbsp Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 2 Large sprigs worth of rosemary leaves
- 3 Navel Oranges, cut in half
- Combine all ingredients in stock pot and bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Turn off heat and let cool completely.
- Pour over thawed turkey and refrigerate for 16-24 hours.
- Discard brine, soak turkey in cold water for 15 mins to remove excess salt.
- Dry turkey off completely, then roast or fry.