- 285 g Flour Bread, or white whole wheat, 1 3/4 cups
- 8 g baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
- 4 g ground cinnamon 1 1/2 tsp
- 3 g baking soda 1/2 tsp
- 2 g salt 1/2 tsp
- 2 g ground ginger 1/2 tsp
- 1 g ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- 200 g peeled and grated carrots* About 2 cups —about 3 large or up to 6 small/medium
- 75 g roughly chopped mixed nuts 1/2 cup
- 75 g raisins 1/2 cup
- 50 g melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil** 1/3 cup
- 185 g sugar 3/4 cup
- 2 eggs preferably at room temperature
- 265 g plain Greek yogurt 1 cup
- 5 g vanilla extract 1 tsp
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar also called raw sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate, bowl, toss the raisins with a little flour. Combine the grated carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins with the other ingredients.
- In a another bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, then add the yogurt and vanilla and mix well. (warm mixture gently if the coconut oil solidifies)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine gently, just until combined (a few lumps are ok).
- Fill muffin cups.
- Top muffins with turbinado sugar
- Bake for 13-18 mins, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool completely before serving